Search This Blog

Thursday 19 March 2015

Pencil and Paper Create The World.

So, I'm a copy cat. Shot me. Since Oliwia posted some of her art. I thought I might as well bombarded you with my art. Ha. Sorry. Truly.

I little about what I draw first.
Usually, I am very much drawn to pencils, most importantly: HB, 2B and 6B. I always do my base lines with a HB pencil, lightly. Just in case of mistakes. Then go back into with 2B, shading certain areas which are dark and so forth. Then, just before I finish, I send it the 6B to darken the even darker areas. Also, 6B is my favourite for shading in larger areas.. since its such a soft lead. Occasionally I will use 4B, if I desire it on that piece. At the moment.. I think I've only used it once..
Literally all I received for Christmas...
 Let's start shall we... with Commissioned



Oliwia Portrait
Firstly. Oliwia. The other blogger. I requested people to tell me who/what to draw as a way of practising my skills. I used HB, 2B and 6B for everything. And to tell you something, I am damn well proud of that necklace! Small details go a long way in art work! Now.. if I can work on doing actual backgrounds.. I'll be onto a winner!

Alfred, played by Mike Zubi
Its always nice to see art with the commissioner
Next up is a piece I did as a surprise. So technically not a commission, but who's judging? The portrait, later removed the red background, is of Mike Zubi as the character Alfred. Most of you, by now, will be like: Who? What?
To put things simply. Alfred is a character is a musical called: Tanz der vampire (or Le Bal des Vampire- which is what I based this one from).

Benjamin Yates- Musical Actor

Another musical commission/surprise.. was this little gem. I asked the person prior to drawing this whether or not they would like one done. So again, technically not a commission, but I'll count it nevertheless.
Details.. The t-shirt.. the glasses.. first time doing a face without and eyes.. and gee.. it was hard. The nose took a while to get right, I do admit. I ended up restarting like four times before I found myself happy with the entire thing. Also.. the hair.. the reference picture didn't show his hair as well as it could of done.. which had saddened me. But its life, and definitely a learning curve for me!

Next up... Portraits

I know the previous three are all portraits. But sometimes. I do portraits to hang on my wall. I quite recently I've completed three, with like five unfinished... oops?

Sarah Changal- Tanz Der Vampire

Sansa Stark

Adam Lambert.

 Not much to say about them, as two of them are fairly recognizable and one from Tanz der vampire.. which has been briefly mentioned already.
I guess the one I am most proud of is Adam Lambert.. I don't know why, I just seem to smile everytime I come to walk by it.
The one in my eyes which needs the most improving is Sansa. I admit, that now I can see that its suppose to be Sansa. I can see the similarities.. but when I drew her.. I wanted to throw it away more times than once. I just wasn't ever happy with the way she had turned out. But. As I've learned.. continue with everything. If the work in progress doesn't look good, the finished product still might look amazing!

 Finally....Misc!

Paris Locket

That cute Amazon box man




 These two are my all time favourites.. Seriouly. I just loved how they came out. Since I'm so used to drawing portraits and human faces. It was very relaxing to go into drawing objects.. and the amazon man.
Also, remember when I briefly told you what things I use when doing the art... well.. yes .. right there you see a coloured piece of art. Which is why I was so scared about doing the Amazon Man.. I needed to be able to colour him in! And I am so happy to how it turned out! Happy dance! Most importantly happy with the box.. it looks like a box!


That's all for now.. and probably for a while, since I don't want to keep posting pictures of my art. If you want to see them as I finish them.. check out:
My Artist Instagram: Thaliajadexart
DeviantArt: Shannonhjadex
Facebook Page: Thaliajadex

~Shannon













No comments:

Post a Comment